January 1, 2014
Getting .999 silver from scrap keyboards
I really enjoyed making this video! I love the look and feel of silver. As there is very little money to be made doing keyboards, it is a ton of fun getting that shiny beautiful silver from someones trash. Here are a few things I left out.
1. It takes approx 26-30 of the keyboard Mylars to make one pound of Mylar scrap.
2. It would take 12-13 scrap keyboards to get 1 pound of mylars
3. With the chemical extraction process you can expect to recover 4-5 grams of .999 silver
4. 1 pound of Mylar scrap will sell for $2-4/lb
5. You get 2 mylars per scrap keyboard
6. You should pay no more than $.20 per scrap keyboard
7. At the current recovery it would be better to sell your Mylars by the pound, but if you are like me, that is totally out of the question!
I hope you enjoyed the video! Please go to the YouTube tab in the top or bottom left of this page and Subscribe. If you see a product you like on our site please click through my ads. It really helps for future videos.
Rob The Plumber